After many years of development, Patricia Hipwell’s new book Hooking Students into Learning … in all curriculum areas has hit the printing press.
The book, which is nearly 500 pages long, is a collection of strategies for teachers to start lessons with students engaged in meaningful learning activities. These lesson starters or hooks are beneficial because they:
- move key facts and figures from short-term to long-term memory
- activate prior knowledge about a topic (where prior knowledge exists)
- awaken interest in the topic of the lesson
- check for understanding
- improve a variety of skills
- develop learning strategies
- improve vocabulary
- develop collaborative learning strategies
Hooking Students into Learning … in all curriculum areas was written for teachers of students from Year 4 and above and has a wide application in those year levels.
The book will be available for purchase from mid-October. Patricia will also be hosting a book launch in Brisbane in early November.
If you would like to receive updates or an invitation to the book launch, be sure to register your details on the form below.
Subscribe to receive updates about Hooking Students into Learning … in all curriculum areas.